Well following a week of poor health and generally feeling down in the dumps, today’s surprise knock on the door provoked a speedy recovery!
I was a bit irritated by the knock to be honest. Who would be so inconsiderate? Who was I going to have to face up to with my droopy eyes and dribbling nose? I felt bad when my grimace met Mr. Postie’s everso smiley face as he presented me with a substantially sized brown box. My Star Reader Prize from Sew Magazine! See I have been so poorly, I haven’t even had the energy to blow my own trumpet about having my letter published in October issue.
It seems so long ago that I made my Ladybug dress, April 2011 in fact, and I had completely forgotten that I had sent that Email to the magazine. I was really happy with the free pattern that came with the March issue and wanted to share my results but didn’t think for one minute that I would win with a Star Prize!
And just look at my prize!! How spoilt am I? I feel like a child in a sweet shop . . .
Every single item made me beam with joy as I took it out the box… and they kept coming… so many things. Every single one of them will be cherised and put to a very good use I can assure you. I really like this kind of medicine!
Here’s what was included:
- 6 Dylon dyes in fabulous colours
- 4 fabulous Simplicity patterns: 2401, 2442, 2659 and 3823
- A really cute printed linen pencil case
- 6 fat quarters of the prettiest cotton fabric
- 8 packets of silk embroidery thread
- 9 boxes of cup sequins in a variety of colours
- A cute little tray of 7 compartments of 7 kinds of pretty beads
- A pot of sparkly rhinestone studs
- 3 little gold anchor charms
- 1 Metre of Beaded Accents
- 1 packet of assorted sew-on gems
- 5 metres of 3mm elastic
- A really cute little tin containing 4 reels of assorted Gütterman thread plus and extra 4 rolls of metallic thread in assorted colours
- Mixed bag of millitary style and vintage looking buttons plus 1 large pearl and bejewelled button!
- Packet of 3 boys army style appliqued badges.
- Pack of Machine oil
- Service Kit for Sewing machines
- Hot iron Transfer Pencil
- Sun Guard, wash-in sun protection
- Easy Loop Turner… how cool is that. No more fights with lost safety pins for me!
- Sweethear Rose Maker. Now I can make some of those lovely fabric flowers that everyone else finds so easy to make!
- 12 feet of Premium Ribbon in really pretty colours.
- And last but not least a fabulous book called Simply Sublime Gifts by Jodi Kahn… just when I was thinking about possible Christmas presents to make.
So I will never ever say “I never win anything, me!”. Because I feel like all my Christmases have come at once. I am such a happy bunny. Thank you so so much Sew Magazine!